Skip to main content
- Beginning and ending on Charles Street next the Public Gardens and Boston Common, this fast 5k course is a great way to kick off marathon weekend.
- Heading south on Charles Street, athletes take a right on Boylston Street, another right on Arlington, and then a left on to Commonwealth Avenue.
- The course continues along the westbound side of Commonwealth Ave, before heading back at Charlesgate W.
- Athletes will come back along the eastbound side of Commonwealth Ave, taking a right turn at Hereford Street, followed by a left turn on Boylston Street.
- The course then passes over the Boston Marathon Finish Line, before heading back to Boston Common.
- The final turn is a left on Charles Street, with approximately 250-300 meters until the finish line.
- No portion of the below map may be reproduced without permission of the Boston Athletic Association.
- See course map below.