TRANSPORTATION TO START
Transportation to the start in Hopkinton on race morning
The recommended way to get to the start in Hopkinton on race morning is by using the official B.A.A. buses. Bus loading will take place on Charles Street between the Public Garden and Boston Common. In order to load all the buses efficiently, avoid delays, and get to the start on time, we strongly recommend the following bus loading schedule.
Reminder: All participants must show their bib number to board buses.
The B.A.A. strongly encourages you to take the B.A.A. provided transportation to the start line. If you need to be dropped off in Hopkinton on race day, you can be dropped off at 52 South Street in Hopkinton, and will then board a B.A.A. shuttle to get to the Athletes' Village area before the start.
Bus Loading Instructions:
- In order to load all the buses efficiently, avoid delays, and get to the start on time, we strongly recommend you load the buses at your designated time.
- Transportation to the start is for official participants only.
- We are not able to provide transportation to the start from Boston for family and friends.
- Each participant must show his/her bib number and wristband prior to boarding the buses.
- Athletes registered in a Para Athletes Division or Program should refer to Para Athletes Race Weekend for information related to accessible transportation to the start.
- Participants who wish to check gear on race morning must do so PRIOR to boarding the buses in Boston.
- For more information on Gear Check, click below:
Parking in Boston:
- On-street parking in Boston's Back Bay is extremely limited during race week.
- There are a number of parking garages in the area.
- Public transportation is strongly encouraged.
- Please note that certain parking garages within Boston are inaccessible on race day.
- The entrance to the Boston Common Garage will close at approximately 2:00 a.m. on race day and will not re-open until 11:00 a.m. on race morning.
Return Bus Service to Hopkinton:
- Beginning at 1:00 p.m. on race day, return bus service to Hopkinton will commence.
- Buses will line up on Columbus Ave between Clarendon Street and Cahners Place.
- Return bus service is for official entrants only. You must show your bib to board buses to Hopkinton.
- Buses will go to the South Street parking lot.
- Return bus service to Hopkinton will conclude at 7:00 p.m. on race day.
Participant Shuttle In Hopkinton
- Limited parking for participants is available at the 52 and 80 South Street lots in Hopkinton. This parking is for participants only, and a bib is required to access the participant shuttle system. Participant shuttle buses will run throughout race morning to Athletes' Village.
Hopkinton Spectator Parking
- Limited parking for spectators is available at Hopkinton State Park on race morning.
Hopkinton Volunteer Parking
- In Hopkinton, volunteer parking is available at 176 South Street, with shuttles running to Athletes' Village and back.