The following is information pertaining to race weekend arrangements for athletes registered in a Para Athlete Division or Program of the 2020 Boston Marathon.
Bib Packet Pick-Up
- All athletes registered in a Para Athletics Division or Adaptive Program may pick up their bib packets at the Boston Marathon Expo located at the John B. Hynes Veteran Memorial Convention Center, 900 Boylston Street in Boston, during posted hours.
- For convenience, bib packets, t-shirts, and gear bags for athletes registered in a Para Athlete Division or Program may be picked up in one location (to be determined).
- Additional details will be communicated directly to registered athletes.
Race Morning Transportation
- The B.A.A. will offer accessible transportation on race morning to Hopkinton for all athletes registered in a Para Athlete Division or Program.
- Departure times and bus loading locations will be communicated directly to athletes.
- Ambulatory Para athletes may also use B.A.A. shuttles that depart from Charles Street on race morning. Refer to Transportation for more information.
Note: Transportation to the start is only for registered race participants and their guides or support runners. We are not able to provide transportation to the start from Boston for family and friends.
Staging in Hopkinton (Start Area)
- The B.A.A. will offer separate staging areas near the start for all athletes registered in a Para Athlete Division or Program of the Boston Marathon.
- Additional details will be communicated directly to athletes.
|Men's Wheelchair||9:02 a.m. ET|
|Women's Wheelchair||9:05 a.m. ET|
|Handcycles & Duos||9:30 a.m. ET|
|Elite Men||9:37 a.m. ET|
|Elite Women||9:45 a.m. ET|
|Para Athletics Division||9:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave One||10:00 a.m. ET|
|Wave Two||10:25 a.m. ET|
|Wave Three||10:50 a.m. ET|
|Wave Four||11:15 a.m. ET|
*Start times are subject to change.
- Athletes registered in an Para Athletes Division or Program will have access to the VIP Tent in the finish area located across from Trinity Church in Copley Square.
- Athletes may pick up their gear bags, day chairs (if applicable), and other personal items in this location.
- Due to space limitations and security protocols, only pre-identified athletes and credentialed personnel may access the VIP Tent.