Skip to main content
- Check out our entry list for this year's race:
BIB NUMBER INFORMATION
- U.S. residents will be mailed their Bib Number and Participant Guide near the end of March.
- International residents (including Canada) may pick up their bib number on race day at the Registration Tent near the start area between 6:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. ET.
- If you misplace your bib, or it gets damaged, a replacement bib will be issued on race day at the Registration Tent.
- A government issued photo ID is required to pick up or replace your bib number.
- Only the registered participant may pick up his or her bib number.
- Check that your registration information is correctly imprinted upon your bib.
- Do not fold or forcefully bend your bib.
- The timing and scoring device is affixed to the back of your bib and should not be damaged or removed from the bib.
- Please wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outer-most layer.
- Bib numbers cannot be refunded, deferred, or transferred.
- If inaccuracies appear on the bib number, or your bib number appears damaged, please call the B.A.A. Registration Office at (508) 435-6905 or send an email to email@example.com
- Gear check is available near the start area on Boston Common.
- You must use plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- Use the gear check tag affixed to your bib number to identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- Do not check valuables.
- The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
- The race starts at 8:00 a.m.
- The start line is on Charles Street between the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common.
- A multiple-pulsed start program will be used.
- Runners will be seeded according to their expected finishing time.
- Signs will be positioned near the start area to indicate your start position.
- The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line. Your net time will be your official time.
TIMING AND RESULTS
- An electronic timing system will enable you to receive your net time, which will be your official time.
- The timing and scoring tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, and must not be bent, creased, or cracked for you to be scored, timed, and to appear among the results as an official finisher.
- Wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outer-most layer.
- Results will be posted online after the race concludes.
- To be recognized as an official finisher, you must complete the event within the allotted time of one hour from the time the last athlete crosses the start line (approximately 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.).
- Medical personnel will be on site for emergency care as well as to attend to critical and non-critical injuries.
- MarathonFoto is the official photographer of the B.A.A. 5K.
- Each entrant will receive an email following the race with details regarding the purchase of photographs.