Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
Please note that the Flutie Foundation is no longer accepting applications for their 127th Boston Marathon team.
The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism was founded in 1998 by former Boston College and NFL quarterback, Doug Flutie and his wife Laurie in honor of their son, Dougie, who was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. The Flutie Foundation's mission is to help people and families affected by autism live life to the fullest. We are able to do this through our programs and activities that improve the quality of everyday life for people and families affected by autism along seven key dimensions that are critical to living each day fully. We aim to provide a path for education and/or employment during the day; opportunities for physical and social activity outside of work/school; and the tools to be safe, supported, and informed at all times.
Dougie's Team, the endurance fundraising platform of the Flutie Foundation, helps to make the mission and goal of the Flutie Foundation possible through both fundraising and spreading awareness. Members of the 2023 Boston Marathon Dougie's Team will receive:
- Guaranteed entry for the 2023 Boston Marathon
- Professional coaching, training program, and weekly group runs
- Personal fundraising page, weekly team communication, and a dedicated Flutie fundraising staff member to ensure your goals are reached!
- Opportunity to volunteer with Flutie Foundation and attend events
- Flutie Foundation singlet and training swag
- Organized team events: kick-off party, Marathon Weekend celebration, and more
If you are interested in running and fundraising for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism please contact Ethan Michaud at email@example.com!
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 127th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for The Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism may still do so using the learn more button below.