Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
Be a part of Dougie's Team!
The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism was founded in 1997 by former Boston College and NFL quarterback, Doug Flutie and his wife Laurie in honor of their son, Dougie, who was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. The Flutie Foundation's mission is to help people and families affected by autism live life to the fullest. We are able to do this through our programs and activities that improve the quality of everyday life for people and families affected by autism along seven key dimensions that are critical to living each day fully. We aim to provide a path for education and/or employment during the day; opportunities for physical and social activity outside of work/school; and the tools to be safe, supported, and informed at all times.
Dougie's Team, the endurance fundraising platform of the Flutie Foundation, helps to make the mission and goal of the Flutie Foundation possible through both fundraising and spreading awareness. Members of the 2021 Boston Marathon Dougie's Team will receive:
- Guaranteed entry for the 2021 Boston Marathon
- Personal training coach, program and group runs
- Personal fundraising page and a dedicated Flutie fundraising staff member to ensure your goals are reached!
- Opportunity to volunteer with Flutie Foundation and attend events
- Flutie Foundation singlet and training swag
- Organized team events - Kick-off event, Team Brunch, Boston Marathon Weekend Team Celebration
To learn more about the Flutie Foundation and Dougie's Team visit our website at flutiefoundation.org.
If you are a virtual runner and are interested in fundraising for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism please contact Ellie Gamache at firstname.lastname@example.org!