The B.A.A. is proud to host the Boston Marathon Professional Athlete Program and the Boston Marathon Professional Development Program for the 128th running of the Boston Marathon presented by Bank of America.
Professional Athlete Program
- Runners who have run a marathon sub 2:35 for women and sub 2:13 for men.
- Runners (debuting in the marathon) who have run a half marathon sub 1:11 for women and sub 1:02 for men.
- Pro Wheelchair athletes who have pushed a marathon sub 1:52 for women and sub 1:31 for men.
- For consideration, contact Mary Kate Shea, Director Professional Athletes-Events at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Program
Developing athletes are provided with complimentary entry and access to the professional start and prize purse
- Female runners who have run sub 2:45 for Open and sub 2:48 for Masters divisions.
- Male runners who have run sub 2:19 for Open and sub 2:22 for Masters divisions.
- To be considered for this program, please register online through the B.A.A.'s registration platform, Athletes’ Village and request consideration for the Pro Start when prompted.
- Runners who request consideration for the Professional Development Program will be notified of their selection or non-selection by December 20, 2022.