Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Team with a Vision
The Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI), is committed to supporting individuals living with vision loss and blindness and is the oldest social service organization serving adults and seniors. We teach strategies for doing all the activities you may have previously relied on vision to accomplish. There is no one right way to live with vision loss. Our goal is to help you find ways that work for you and to provide you with the support you need. Over 1400 residents in Massachusetts use one of our services while over 400 volunteers offer support in reading, shopping, running and walking.
Team With A Vision has been raising visibility and critical funds for the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for over 25 years. Our international team of runners are Boston Qualified athletes in the Para Athletic Division, the Adaptive Programs, and charity runners. Add meaning to your miles by joining our team and be a part of a deep history of running and inclusion. All funds raised support MABVI’s statewide network of vision rehabilitation services, low vision support groups, access technology training, and 400+ volunteers matched 1:1 with individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
VIP Team With A Vision / Boston Marathon experience including:
- Personalized training program which includes weekend training runs with other nonprofit organizations including water stops and snacks
- Team coach and physical therapist to prepare you for race day
- Race day amenities include private coach bus to Hopkinton and staging area near start line with breakfast and bathrooms
- Branded team apparel including a race day singlet, team jacket, and other swag
- Fundraising assistance including tips, event ideas, and helpful hints - your success is our success.
- Kickoff party in the fall at the home of Boston University Dean of Students.
- Team meetings and socials where runners can mingle while connecting to our mission.
- Team pasta dinner and awards ceremony with other charity runners and runners qualified in the para athletic divisions and adaptive programs for the visually impaired
- Post-race celebration for runners and their families including lunch, complimentary massages, and shower facilities
- Bragging rights that you have finished Boston while creating a better community for those living with vision loss and blindness