START AREA IN HOPKINTON
What to Know:
- Buses from Boston and Hopkinton parking areas will drop you off at Hopkinton High/Middle School, where you will enter the Athletes’ Village, a large staging area where you will have time to relax and stretch.
- You must show your bib number upon entering.
- In order to exit the Village and enter the corrals in an efficient and orderly fashion, participants will leave the Athletes’ Village according to their assigned wave, bib number, and corral assignment, and will be directed down Grove Street to Main Street.
- Your starting corral is in a square box printed on your bib. It can also be found on your Number Pick-up Card.
- Departure times from Athletes' Village to the Start Line coming soon.
- Only official runners with a B.A.A.-assigned bib number will be allowed to enter the start area.
- Participants who do not follow race guidelines are subject to disqualification.
Please note that Start Times for the 2022 Boston Marathon will be available closer to April's race.
- Those who are not officially registered in the Boston Marathon will not be allowed to participate.
- Official participants are asked to discourage family and friends who are not officially registered participants from entering the course in any manner.
- Many people want to participate in some way in the Boston Marathon as a display of support, but those who are not official participants are asked to refrain from entering the course for the safety of the official entrants and themselves.
- Anyone on the course for any distance who has not been assigned, or is not displaying, an officially issued bib number from the B.A.A. is subject to interdiction.
- The B.A.A. reserves the right to remove any person from the course who is not displaying an official bib that has been assigned by the B.A.A.
- Similarly, units or groups such as military ruck-marchers, unless officially sanctioned, and cyclists will not be allowed to participate.