START AREA IN HOPKINTON
Rolling Start — What to Know:
- Upon arriving in Hopkinton, participants may use facilities, grab water, and stretch prior to walking to the start line.
- Race officials will provide directions and assistance to all entrants, and will keep athletes moving toward the start line.
- Athletes are requested to wear their masks up until the starting line, where trash receptacles will be available.
- All runners have been numbered according to qualifying times, facilitating a rolling start comparable to previous wave starts. Runners are seeded among other runners with similar qualifying times.
- Only official runners with a B.A.A.-assigned bib number AND B.A.A. bracelet will be allowed to enter the start area.
- Participants who do not follow race guidelines are subject to disqualification.
|Handcycles & Duos||8:30am|
|Para Athletics Division||8:50am|
|Rolling Start for All Participants||9:00am|
|Start Line Closes||11:30am|
*Start Times are subject to change
- Those who are not officially registered in the Boston Marathon will not be allowed to participate.
- Official participants are asked to discourage family and friends who are not officially registered participants from entering the course in any manner.
- Many people want to participate in some way in the Boston Marathon as a display of support, but those who are not official participants are asked to refrain from entering the course for the safety of the official entrants and themselves.
- Anyone on the course for any distance who has not been assigned, or is not displaying, an officially issued bib number from the B.A.A. is subject to interdiction.
- The B.A.A. reserves the right to remove any person from the course who is not displaying an official bib that has been assigned by the B.A.A.
- Similarly, units or groups such as military ruck-marchers, unless officially sanctioned, and cyclists will not be allowed to participate.