Skip to main content
BOSTON MARATHON TEAM COMPETITION
TEAM REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 BOSTON MARATHON IS NOW CLOSED
- The deadline to submit for a team was Friday, April 5 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Teams must have current club membership with USA Track & Field (USATF), or the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), or to an equivalent foreign national athletics organization.
- All team members must either maintain permanent residence in the same geographic region in which the club is registered, or have originally obtained membership prior to relocating.
- An individual membership is not required in USATF.
- All entrants on a team must be bonafide members of that team.
- Both qualified and non-qualified official entrants are equally eligible for inclusion in the team competition.
- A club cannot enter multiple teams for a particular division, e.g. Atlanta Track Club 'A' and Atlanta Track Club 'B.'
- Only one team manager for each club.
- Team manager will be contacted if the team fails to meet any of the guidelines.
- The Boston Marathon has open and masters division team competitions.
- Members of an open team must be 18-years of age or older.
- All members of a masters team must be 40-years of age or older.
- Each team member must have submitted an official individual Boston Marathon application and must have been accepted for participation.
- An individual may only be placed on one team.
- A team must consist of either all male or all female athletes, for men's and women's teams respectively. No mixed gender teams.
- Women competing in the Elite Women's Start can be included on a team roster for scoring purposes.
- Teams must have a minimum of three athletes, and a maximum of fifteen.
- The lowest aggregate time determines the team champion.
- Net time will be used for scoring purposes.
- Ties between two or more teams are resolved by determining which team's third scoring member finished nearest to first place.
- Teams finishing with fewer than three registered members will not be scored.
- Official results will be announced upon verification.
- Champion teams and scoring team members will receive awards.
- There is no additional cost to enter the team competition.
- If you need additional information, please ;email below: