Media Credential Applications
- The media credential application window for the 2019 Boston Marathon opens on Friday, February 1. At that time, please return to this page for information on how to apply for official media credentials.
Media News Access Guidelines Applicable to Non-Rights Holding Organizations
- All credentialed media members must adhere to the 2018 Boston Marathon Media News Access Guidelines.
- 2019 Boston Marathon Guidelines coming soon.
- Detailed Entry List Search
Video Footage Guidelines
- Any footage of the Boston Marathon captured by runners or spectators is for personal and non-commercial use only.
- Any Boston Marathon footage for personal use shall not include any distribution for such purpose as to charge money, collect fees, the promotion or marketing of any goods or services, or to receive any form of remuneration.
- Boston Marathon footage (for personal use) shall not be used in advertising and shall not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- The Boston Athletic Association will not be liable for any third-party claims or incidental, consequential, or other damages arising out of this personal use of Boston Marathon footage.
- The B.A.A. prohibits the wearing of action cameras such as GoPros while running in the Boston Marathon.
- WBZ-TV is the official local broadcaster, and NBC Sports is the official national television network of the 2018 Boston Marathon.
- ALL INDIVIDUAL MEDIA MEMBERS MUST PICK-UP INDIVIDUAL CREDENTIALS FROM THE RACE WEEK PRESS ROOM AT THE FAIRMONT COPLEY PLAZA HOTEL.
- The B.A.A. distributes media credentials and provides access to controlled areas to a limited number of photo journalists for the sole purpose of reporting on the Boston Marathon through the media.
- Photo journalists and representatives of media outlets who apply for and receive media credentials within B.A.A. controlled areas, such as the start, on the course, from lead vehicles, and at the finish, agree to preserve the integrity of their captured images, not altering the image and not allowing the content of their work to be appreciably altered in any way, such as the scrubbing of event or sponsor logos, without the written permission of the Boston Athletic Association.
- Captured images should also not be used for commercial purposes (such as in advertisements or promotional material) other than for reporting news related to the event.
Media Credential Pick-Up & Race Week Media Room Hours
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel (138 St James Ave, Boston), State Suite
- Only official media will be allowed into this area
- Media credential room hours:
- Wednesday, April 10, 2:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 12, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 15, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. (see race day press hours below)
Race Day Press Room Hours
- The press room hours are from 6:00 a.m.to 6:00 p.m.
- The main press rooms are located in the Oval and Venetian rooms at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel at 138 Saint James Avenue, Boston, MA.
- Only media that have received a press credential from the Boston Marathon are allowed within the Race Day Press Room.