- Prize money at the Boston Marathon is equally distributed amongst men and women in the Open, Masters, and Push Rim Wheelchair Division.
- See below for prize money breakdown:
|Place||Open Division||Push Rim Wheelchair Division||Masters Division|
ELITE WOMEN START
- The Boston Marathon includes a separate start for top female competitors.
- Performances from the Elite Women's Start (EWS) will be scored separately from women starting in the open field.
- Open and masters division women who consider themselves eligible for prize money in the Boston Marathon must declare themselves as a contestant for the EWS start.
- They may email email@example.com for further details on format, eligibility, regulations, and instructions.
- Race officials can assist in determining which start - EWS or 10:00 a.m. - is most appropriate.
- Prize money will be awarded to contestants in the EWS only.
- Women who choose not to start in the EWS waive the right to compete for prize money.
BONUS PRIZE MONEY
- Bonus prize money is equally distributed amongst men and women.
|Masters World Best||$10,000|
|Masters Course Record||$7,500|
|Push Rim Wheelchair World Best||$10,000|
|Push Rim Wheelchair Course Record||$7,500|
AGE GROUP AWARDS
- Age group awards will be given to the top 3 in each division.
- Awards are courtesy of Long’s Jewelers.