ROAD CLOSURES FOR B.A.A. 10K
Learn where road will close during race time
Streets and roadways which comprise and abut the 10K course (including, but not limited to Charles Street, Commonwealth Avenue, and Granby Street) will be closed to vehicular traffic on the morning of June 23. Roads adjacent to the course are expected to close at approximately 7:30 a.m.Charles Street is expected to close at 5:00 a.m. and reopen approximately at 11:30 a.m. The race begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Beacon Street will remain open throughout race morning.
- Roads will reopen later that morning per judgment of the Boston Police Department.
No Parking Zones will be posted on certain parts of the course. Among these include:
- Beacon Street
- South side (Boston Common side), from Charles Street to Joy Street, 12:00 p.m. Saturday through 12:00 p.m. Sunday
- Bay State Road
- Both sides, from Charlesgate West to #23 Bay State Road- all parking spaces and from #25 Bay State Road to Granby Street - metered parking spaces only Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Boylston Street
- Both sides, from Arlington Street to Charles Street, Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Commonwealth Avenue
- North side (of westbound roadway), from Raleigh Street to Alcorn Street, Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Granby Street
- Both sides, from Bay State Road to Commonwealth Avenue, Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Charles Street
- Both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street, Sunday 12:01 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Boston Common Garage
- Closes at 5:00 a.m. to cars entering the garage. Reopens roughly at 11:00 a.m. when the road is reopened. The garage will always allow exit traffic.