Some helpful tips for watching the B.A.A. 10K
- Before and after the race, participants will gather and Boston Common, and spectators are welcome.
- The race begins at 8:00 a.m., and it will take all entrants about 20 minutes to cross the starting line, with the fastest departing first.
- There is a checkpoint timing mat at the half-way (3.1-mile) mark of the race course.
- To see your favorite participant twice, we recommend viewing the race from Commonwealth Avenue, either in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, or by Boston University.
- Note that for the first mile of the race, participants will be densely packed together.
- The race course leads participants West on Commonwealth Avenue, detours around Kenmore Square, and at Boston University, returns to Commonwealth Avenue West until the turnaround point.
- Athletes will then return on "Comm. Ave" East until Kenmore Square, veer left onto Beacon Street, turn right onto Charlesgate West, and then, with a left turn, return to Comm. Ave East, darting through the Back Bay until a loop around the Public Garden.
For a description of road closures along the course, click below: