Skip to main content
- Gear check is available near the start area on Boston Common. You must use plastic bag provided by the B.A.A. to check your belongings.
- Use the gear check tag affixed to your bib number to identify your bag once the race has concluded.
- Do not check valuables. The B.A.A. is not responsible for lost items.
- The start line is on Charles Street between the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common.
- A multiple-pulsed start program will be used.
- Runners will be seeded according to their expected finishing time.
- Signs will be positioned near the start area to indicate your start position.
- The timing and scoring system will begin recording your time once you cross the starting line. Your net time will be your official time.
TIMING AND RESULTS
- An electronic timing system will enable you to receive your net time, which will be your official time.
- The timing and scoring tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, and must not be bent, creased, or cracked for you to be scored, timed, and to appear among the results as an official finisher.
- Wear your bib on the front of your torso on your outer-most layer.
- Results will be posted online after the race concludes.
- To be recognized as an official finisher, you must complete the event within the allotted time of one hour from the time the last athlete crosses the start line (approximately 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.).
- Medical personnel will be on site for emergency care as well as to attend to critical and non-critical injuries.
- MarathonFoto is the official photographer of the B.A.A. 5K.
- Each entrant will receive an email following the race with details regarding the purchase of photographs.