Boston Marathon Volunteer Registration
Volunteer Registration for the 2022 Boston Marathon has closed.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Boston Marathon! This event wouldn't be possible each year without the help of our incredible volunteers.
Below you can find the timeline for the registration cycle. Please note, assignments are made by taking in a volunteer's individual years of service, availability, and staffing needs. Please take your time with the application to make sure that everything is correct, and you're using your group name and passcode if received from your group leader. If you don't see your typical assignment in the application, reach out to your team captain to receive application instructions.
For a list of which positions are available to anyone to apply to, please visit our assignment descriptions.
Thank you again for your interest to become a B.A.A. volunteer!
126th Boston Marathon Volunteer Timeline
Wednesday, January 5th
- Registration opens within your B.A.A. Athletes' Village account
- After signing in, the registration banner will be at the top of your account home page.
- If you applied last year, or already have an account you can sign in to access the application. If you are new to the B.A.A., please follow the steps to create an Athletes' Village account prior to finding the application.
- Your Athletes' Village username will be the email you used to register for your account with
Friday, February 18th
- Registration closes.
- Assignment notifications sent to all applicants.
- Submitting an application doesn't guarantee an assignment. This is when you will be notified of acceptance or nonacceptance, and will be able to confirm your assignment. Please let us know if you haven't heard from us by the end of March.
- Assignment information will be sent out from the B.A.A. and your Team Captain.
April 15, 16, 17th
- The Boston Marathon Expo
Monday, April 18th
- The 126th Boston Marathon