125th Boston Marathon Volunteer Registration
Volunteer Registration for the 125th Boston Marathon will be open in Athletes' Village from June 16th to July 15th.
Volunteer Registration - 125th Boston Marathon
Each year thousands of B.A.A. volunteers help bring our events to life. The B.A.A. depends on the hard work and dedication of our volunteers to shine each and every race day, and we can’t wait to return to the roads leading to Boston on October 11, 2021. As we continue to plan for a safe and successful event, please know that all volunteers will receive more information on our COVID-19 mitigation and safety plans in the coming months.
Volunteer Registration will open on Wednesday, June 16th at 10:00 AM ET. Volunteer Registration will close on Thursday, July 15th at 5:00 PM ET.
NEW THIS YEAR: Volunteer Registration within the B.A.A. Athletes’ Village
All volunteer registration for this year’s race will occur within the B.A.A.’s online platform Athletes’ Village. To Submit a registration application:
- Log in to your B.A.A. Athletes’ Village account or create your account.
- Navigate to the “Volunteers” tab within Athletes’ Village .
- Select the “To Volunteer Click Here” button.
- Complete and submit your application. You will receive an application confirmation number upon successful submission. Please note that this number confirms your application has been received, but does not guarantee a volunteer assignment.
Click below for information on volunteer position descriptions for the 125th Boston Marathon:
Before submitting a volunteer application, please consider the following:
- Be sure that you can commit to the full shift time listed and that you feel comfortable getting yourself to the meeting location.
- Volunteer assignments are made based on volunteer history and job availability.
- The majority of volunteer assignments require standing for long periods of time with few opportunities to sit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations of assignments with less standing.
- If you typically receive a group name and passcode from a Group Leader or Team Captain and have not yet received this information, make sure to reach out to them before applying.
- Ninety-five percent of volunteer positions are filled by returning volunteers.
- Volunteer assignments for the 2021 Boston Marathon are not guaranteed. We typically receive about 1,500 more applicants than we have assignments to fill.
Click below for additional FAQ information:
Volunteer Timeline - 125th Boston Marathon
JUNE 16, 2021
- Volunteer registration opens on Wednesday, June 16th at 10:00 a.m. ET. The application will be available in Athletes' Village.
JULY 15, 2021
- Volunteer registration closes on Thursday, July 15 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Notifications are sent to all applicants by the end of August.
- The Boston Marathon Expo: Friday, October 8, Saturday, October 9, and Sunday, October 10.
- The 125th Boston Marathon: Monday, October 11.