YOUTH RACES AT THE B.A.A. 10K
- The B.A.A. 10K Youth Races on Boston Common give young and aspiring runners the chance to experience the fun and excitement of the B.A.A. 10K in shorter races designed with them in mind.
- Children will be grouped by age and have the opportunity to race and earn their own finisher’s medal.
- Beginning at 7:00 am, children 14 years old and younger may enjoy activities, and also compete in races on the Boston Common.
- The race distances will depend on the age of the participants.
- Pre-registration is encouraged, but children may also register on race morning.
- Registration is free and all participants will receive a finisher’s medal.
- 8:00 - 8:45: Registration and Independent Warm-Up Activities
- 9:00 - 9:30: Run, Jump and throw Games and Races
- 9:00: Youth Races for Girls & Boys 9 years old and younger on the ballfield
- 9:30: Youth Races for 10 - 14 year old girls & boys on Charles Street. Volunteers will escort the children to the start. Parents should plan to meet their child/children at the Finish.
- 10:00: B.A.A. Youth Races Conclude
- Events will not be timed and results will not be recorded.
- Prior to the races, there will be opportunities to warm-up and participate in jumping and throwing games and activities.
- Please plan to arrive at the early part of registration if you will be registering your child/children on race morning.
- Parents, guardians and/or grown-ups should accompany kids and will be able to sign-up for the races beginning at 7:00 a.m. on race morning.