YOUTH RACES AT THE B.A.A. 10K
- Youth Races on Boston Common give young and aspiring runners the chance to experience the fun and excitement of the B.A.A. 10K in shorter races designed with them in mind.
- Children will be grouped by age and have the opportunity to race and earn their own finisher’s medal.
- Beginning at 7:00 am, children aged 14 years and younger may enjoy activities, and also compete in races on the Boston Common.
- The race distances will depend on the age of the participants.
- Pre-registration is encouraged, but children may also register on race morning.
- Registration is free and all participants will receive a finisher’s medal.
|7:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.||Registration and Warm-Up Activities|
|9:00 a.m.||Youth Races for Ages 8 and Under (on ball field)|
|9:20 a.m.||Children 9 and up Gather on Ball Field
Volunteers escort children and parents to the start on Charles Street
|9:30 a.m.||Youth Races for 9 - 14 Year Olds on Charles Street (separate boys and girls races)
New in 2019, participants will start & finish at the B.A.A. 10K Finish Line!
|10:00 a.m.||Youth Races Conclude|
- Events will not be timed and results will not be recorded.
- Plan to arrive early if you will be registering your child/children on race morning.
- Parents, guardians and/or grown-ups must accompany children all times during youth events.