Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH)
BWH Stepping Strong Marathon Team
The BWH Stepping Strong Marathon Team is no longer accepting applications for invitational entry into the 2019 Boston Marathon
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 2019 Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for the BWH Stepping Strong Marathon Team may still do so using the learn more button below.
Join the 2019 BWH Stepping Strong Marathon Team to become part of a passionate community dedicated to turning tragedy into hope for civilian and military heroes worldwide who have suffered devastating traumatic injuries. All funds raised support The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). Established by the Reny family to honor the BWH medical team who saved their daughter Gillian’s life and limbs following the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings, the center is dedicated to transforming outcomes for other trauma patients like Gillian.
VIP Boston Marathon experience including:
- Personalized training including fun weekend training runs and weekday hill runs with dedicated water/snack stations
- Team coach, physical therapists, and team physician to prepare you for race day
- Private indoor gathering space with bathrooms in Hopkinton at the start line
- Branded team apparel including a race day singlet, team jacket, and other swag
- Fundraising assistance including tips, event ideas, and helpful hints to maximize your fundraising total
- Team meetings and socials where runners can meet and mingle
- Team pasta dinner the evening before the race for runners, family, and friends
- Post-race celebration for runners and their families including lunch, complimentary massages, and shower facilities
- Inspirational speakers and surprises throughout the training season
- Memories that you will cherish forever
“When I discovered the Stepping Strong team, I was sold. I thought to myself, ‘I need to do this’. I’ve seen firsthand how the funds raised help doctors and researchers develop better ways to help and heal patients. Being a part of the Stepping Strong team provided me the opportunity to give back in a different way.” – Kimberly Cardillo
“I love the Boston Marathon because of the energy, camaraderie, and kindness that surrounds every runner and circles the whole city and Stepping Strong is at the center of that positivity! I am so impressed by how much the center has grown and accomplished over the past 5 years and can’t wait to see it continue to grow and accomplish the unthinkable!” – Rachel Bliss
Qualified runners also encouraged to apply.