Field size will be 30,000 official entrants for the 122nd running on April 16
BOSTON -- Registration for the 2018 Boston Marathon opens on Monday, September 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The B.A.A. will use the same process to register qualified runners as it used in the 2012 through 2017 Boston Marathons, allowing the fastest qualifiers to register first.
Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org, and qualifying performances run since September 17, 2016 may be submitted for entry.
In cooperation with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the eight cities and towns along the Boston Marathon route, the B.A.A. has set the field size for the 2018 Boston Marathon at 30,000 official entrants. The 122nd annual race will mark the 33rd consecutive year that the event will have John Hancock as its principal sponsor.
2018 BOSTON MARATHON REGISTRATION DATES
- Monday, September 11 at 10:00 a.m. ET: Runners who have met the qualifying standard by 20 minutes, 00 seconds or more may apply for entry.
- Wednesday, September 13 at 10:00 a.m. ET: Runners who have met the qualifying standard by 10 minutes, 00 seconds or more may apply for entry (if space remains).
- Friday, September 15 at 10:00 a.m. ET: Runners who have met the qualifying standard by 5 minutes, 00 seconds or more may apply for entry (if space remains).
- Saturday, September 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET: Registration closes for the first week.
- Monday, September 18 at 10:00 a.m. ET: All runners who have met the qualifying standard may apply for entry (if space remains).
- Wednesday, September 20 at 5:00 p.m. ET: Registration closes for the second week.
If space remains after this initial period, then on Monday, September 25 at 10:00 a.m. ET registration will reopen to anyone who meets the qualifying standards on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will remain open until the maximum field size is reached.
The B.A.A. will not predict or provide an anticipated date for when the race will reach its maximum field of qualified applicants. However, the B.A.A.'s website (www.BAA.org), Facebook page and Twitter account will provide updates throughout the registration process, and will answer many frequently asked questions during this time period. These pages will be continuously updated throughout registration.
The registration fee for the 2018 Boston Marathon for qualifiers is $185 USD for United States residents and $250 USD for international residents.
Applicants for the 2018 Boston Marathon must meet the designated time standard that corresponds with their age group and gender in a certified marathon on or after September 17, 2016. Proof of qualification must accompany each athlete's application, and participants are required to be 18 years or older on race day (April 16, 2018). All standards below are based on official submitted net time, and age groups are determined based on a participant’s age on Boston Marathon race day.
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES - QUALIFYING TIMES & REGISTRATION DATES
Registration for Athletes with Disabilities who wish to participate in the wheelchair division, visually impaired division, handcycle program, and mobility impaired program (including duo teams) will open on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. ET. Registration for these groups will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers.