DEAR COMMUNITY MEMBER
The Boston Athletic Association will host the eighth annual B.A.A. 10K, presented by Brigham and Women’s Hospital, on Sunday, June 24, 2018
Below you will find more information regarding the impact of this year's event:
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
|Start Time||8:00 a.m.|
|Start and Finish Location||Charles Street, between Boston Common and Public Gardens|
|Distance||10K (6.2 miles)|
|Field Size||10,000 Entants|
- The 6.2-mile course is a scenic tour through Boston's Back Bay, passing notable neighborhoods and attractions including the campus of Boston University and Kenmore Square.
- The race begins on Charles Street where runners will gather near Beacon Mall.
- From Charles Street, they will head south and turn right onto Boylston Street, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), underneath Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Charlesgate East, left onto Beacon Street, right onto Bay State Road.
- After runners enter the Boston University campus, they then make a left onto University Drive, and right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound).
- Just prior to the 5K mark, past Babcock Street, runners will turn around and return on Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound) and take a slight left onto Beacon Street at Kenmore Square.
- They then turn right onto Charlesgate West, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street and around the Public Garden to turn left onto Charles Street.
- Roads will reopen later that morning per judgment of the Boston Police Department.
- Streets and roadways which comprise and abut the 10K course will be closed to vehicular traffic on race morning.
- Roads adjacent to the course will close at approximately 7:30 a.m.
- The race begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Charles Street will close at 5:00 a.m. and reopen approximately at 11:30 a.m.
- Beacon Street will remain open throughout race morning.
- The B.A.A. thanks the residents and business communities along the course for their support and cooperation.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the impact of the B.A.A. 10K race, please do not hesitate to contact us at 617-236-1652.
- As always, we greatly appreciate your support in the B.A.A.'s mission of promoting a healthy lifestyle through sports, especially running.